....everytime I hear the song "The Only Exception" by Paramore, tears well up in my eyes. It makes me think back to when I was young and how things used to be. Back when my dad was still alive, and back when he screwed up so many times.... Like Haley says...... he broke his own heart by cheating, and i watched as he tried to re-assemble the pieces that had gone askew through his rocky relationships.... It kills me.... this along with so many other things make me wonder if true love does exist in this world anymore. You find so many people getting married, having kids, dating.... and none of it amounts to anything in the end... they either cheat, or just want the sex....
What has become of the world? People used to fall in love for years and years, until DEATH did them part. But not anymore. No one wants love anymore, and after so many repeats of things to come, I don't really know if I'm able to believe either.
The only thing about the song, that's different to my point of view...
I haven't found my only exception....
And I wonder if I will or if I'm going to be one of these girls who just parties and fucks around. I don't want to go through the pain of loving someone now. Not after all the things I've seen.... the things I've felt.....
I just wonder....
Will my only exception come...? Or am I doomed to be alone for the rest of my life...?
No comments:
Post a Comment